Monday, February 23, 2009

It's okay Patti, you can be domestic...

This is what my husband told me the other day, when i presented him with my meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and cookie dough brownies... Working, I never really had the time to get home and get dinner on the table in any respectable time frame. I know, i tried meal planning, but I eat what I am in the mood for. So, the month long menu thing never really worked for me. I would cook on Monday what was on for Saturday..."take-out" :)

Usually for lunch I meet Herb somewhere to dine outside as the weather is just PRIME right now - well, I called him today and hedged around the subject of lunch (i had something else in mind) and then he said Michael want to eat with us, and is Backyard Burger okay?! Yes!! I am not a big burger person so I begged out as I had fresh tomatoes on the mind.




fresh tomato
bacon
cheddar
fresh arugula
mayo






So, my domestication is nice right now as it runs down my arms in the form of tomato juice....mmmm.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Looks delicious and it should read "It's okay Patti, you can be domestic!!!!

Jeanette said...

That looks soooo good!